Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I'm lucky and I'm grateful

How many times a day do I feel grateful for everything?
None of the time.

How many times a day do I complain and ramble about everything single thing?
All the time.

And all of these complain and rambles make me one ungrateful bitch, considering I’ve been blessed with so many wonderful things while there are millions of people out there who have been less fortunate than me.

So I’m gonna take a moment to remember all the things I’ve been lucky with.

I’m lucky to have an incredible God.
I’m lucky He has protected me and kept me out of harm’s way for as long as I’ve lived.
I’m lucky to have loving and caring parents.
I’m lucky that my parents had raised me the way they did.
I’m lucky to have two brothers.
I’m lucky to have so many wonderful friends.
I’m lucky to have a boyfriend.
I’m lucky I have a healthy body with fully working parts and no life-threatening diseases.
I’m lucky I’ve been loved.
I’m lucky I’ve always had it easy.
I’m lucky to have some talents.
I’m lucky to be an Indonesian.
I’m lucky to live in its capital, Jakarta.
I’m lucky to live in a rather peaceful country.
I’m lucky I got to finish my education.
I’m lucky I was able to get my Bachelor degree outside this country.
I’m lucky to experience living in another country.
I’m lucky to experience living in other five cities of this country.
I’m lucky to have a roof above my head when I go to sleep at night.
I’m lucky I’ve always had a full tummy and never gone to bed hungry.
I’m lucky to have a job with a paycheck every month.
I’m lucky to have a car at ready whenever I want to go out.
I’m lucky I’ve had the chance to travel and see other Indonesian cities and also neighboring countries.
I’m lucky to have beautiful clothes and shoes that boost up my confidence whenever I wear them.
I’m lucky to have gadgets that make my life easier.
I’m lucky I can remember some of the things that I’ve been blessed with in this life.

And I’m grateful for everything.

So why are you lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment